May 10, 2011 in News
Islamist website says US tape on bin Laden fake (AFP):
An Islamist website has accused the United States of releasing a fake tape of an ageing Osama bin Laden watching images of himself on television, and posted a video on YouTube it says offers proof.
Shoumoukh al-Islam, the main website that broadcasts Al-Qaeda videos, posted a video comparing an earlier picture of bin Laden and the aired picture.
It said the video was a “response to the tape aired by Arab and foreign media on Osama bin Laden watching himself” on television.
“Caution, caution from America the liar,” read a caption on the almost 10-minute-long video with pictures showing the differences between the ear and eyes of the bin Laden in the early photo and those of the older bin Laden.
The video was posted on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0aiBXTPTkE.
US officials have released five videos of bin Laden seized in the raid that killed him, including an extraordinary one in which the Al-Qaeda chief is seen holding a remote and sitting huddled under a blanket, watching images of himself on television in a spare-looking room.
Related Material From the Archive:
- Pakistani Media Circulates Fake Picture of Dead Osama bin Laden
- New Osama bin Laden Recordings Discuss Climate Change and the Pakistan Floods
- Pakistani Officials Doubt bin Laden’s “Active Role” in Al-Qaeda
- UPDATE: Israel Defense Force Fabricates Anti-Semitic Remarks in Aid Flotilla Tape
- Photo of Passport for Osama bin Laden’s Wife Appears to Be Fake
- Al-Qaeda Statement on Death of Osama bin Laden
- CIA chief says bin Laden in Pakistan
- People in Abbottabad Doubt Osama bin Laden Assassination Story