May 13, 2010 in California
- 25 pages
- For Law Enforcement Only
- March 2006
The mission of the California Department of Justice, Division of Law Enforcement, is to provide its customers and clients extraordinary service in forensic services, forensic education, narcotic investigations, criminal investigations, intelligence, and training. In support of this mission, the Division’s Criminal Intelligence Bureau’s (CIB) Organized Crime Analysis Unit conducted an in-depth intelligence-gathering and examination effort into law enforcement safety handbook.
The Disguised Weapons Handbook is a quarterly report to inform law enforcement officers of what new items are available to suspects. In addition, the purpose is to inform law enforcement of the creativity some suspects have when converting everyday items into homemade weapons.
The information contained in this report was obtained from various law enforcement sources and databases. Many of the weapons shown in this publication have websites listed where items can be viewed in greater detail. As of March 2006, all listed websites were active.
Related Material From the Archive:
- Northern California Regional Intelligence Center Radio Frequency Jammers Warning
- 2008 High Technology Crime In California: Annual Report to the Governor & Legislature
- Northern California Regional Intelligence Center High School Pipe Bomb Warning
- California Open Carry Law Enforcement Training Bulletins
- U.S. Nonstrategic Nuclear Weapons
- Microsoft Online Services Global Criminal Compliance Handbook
- CALL Handbook: Convoy Leader Training
- Army Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS A) Commander’s Handbook