June 9, 2010 in Department of Transportation
- 2 pages
- For Official Use Only
- April 30, 2010
It appears another new round of fraudulent USDOT letters are starting to circulate among motor carriers. The letters appear to be from the “U.S. Department of Transportation Procurement Office” and signed by a fictitious name of “Julie P. Weynel – Senior Procurement Officer”. The letters are attempting to obtain banking information from the targeted companies.
Please advise your local carriers and law enforcement agencies of the possibility of this scam beginning again and to be suspicious when being asked for banking information from anyone.
Related Material From the Archive:
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority (U//LES) Homemade Explosives Advisory
- (U//FOUO) Utah Statewide Information & Analysis Center Hotel Credit Card Scam
- Identifying Fraudulent Social Security Documents: A Tool For Law Enforcement Officers
- Department of Housing And Urban Development Continuity of Operations
- DoD Seeking Radar Commonality: Multifunctional Phased Array Radar
- ATF Letter and Package Bomb Detection Techniques
- Broward County Sherriff Memo To All Personnel Department of Detention and Community Control
- Oakland Police Department Officer Shooting Brief March 21, 2009