North Korea — Propaganda Coverage of Party Representatives Conferences
- 24 pages
- For Official Use Only
- April 10, 2012
Pyongyang quickly has set the stage for the fourth Party Representatives Conference slated for 11 April. Though state media have not yet announced an agenda for the conference, it is likely that the regime will use the event to memorialize formally Kim Jong Il and appoint Kim Jong Un to a top party post. The tables below provide a baseline of state media coverage of the impending conference and its antecedents.
This analysis is based on a review of DPRK media sources covered by OSC. It relies on available data from the North Korean party daily for events that occurred in years preceding 1995. The dates for representatives elections and pre- and post-conference events refer to the first time the events were reported in central media.
Related Material From the Archive:
- (U//FOUO) Open Source Center North Korea Kim Jong Un Party Leadership Analysis
- (U//FOUO) Open Source Center North Korea Using Social Media Propaganda
- (U//FOUO) Open Source Center North Korea Social Media Activities July-August 2010
- (U//FOUO) Open Source Center Analysis of North Korea Joint Ventures With Foreign Partners 2004-2011
- (U//FOUO) Open Source Center United Socialist Party of Venezuela Targeting Young Voters
- (U//FOUO) Open Source Center South Korea Internet Freedom
- (U//FOUO) Open Source Center South Korea Flashmob Activism
- (U//FOUO) Open Source Center Moldova Media Survey Report