April 25, 2012 in U.S. Navy
NAVAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS PROCEDURES NTP 4(E)
- 480 pages
- DISTRIBUTION AUTHORIZED TO U.S. GOVERNMENT AGENCIES ONLY FOR OPERATIONAL USE
- Janaury 18, 2008
- 6.21 MB
The focus of NTP-4 Echo (Naval Communications) is to provide a basic manual addressing C4I concepts and capabilities in the U.S. Navy. Due to increased proliferation of Information Technology (IT) within DoN and the high demand for information dominance within the battle space, the need for a “primary source” C4I document has never been greater. To that end, Naval Network Warfare Command initiated a major revision to this publication reflecting the latest C4I equipment/systems in use today. This document was developed through a collaborative effort with Fleet, Numbered Fleet, Type Commanders, and other components of the Naval Netwar Forcenet Enterprise (NNFE) and serves to meet the following objectives:
1. Outline Navy communications shore/afloat organization.
2. Identify automated systems ashore and afloat to support Navy messaging.
3. Provide guidance for message processing procedures.
4. Identify Communications Security (COMSEC) measures and controls.
5. Identify satellite communications capabilities, systems, and equipment.
6. Identify submarine communications capabilities, systems, and equipment.
7. Outline Navy communications ship/shore circuit modes of operation.
8. Identify Allied/coalition communications capabilities, systems, and equipment.
9. Identify collaboration tools for use on Navy/Joint enterprise networks.
10.Provide guidance for operating and defending afloat and shore network communications systems (to include Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) and computer incident reporting).
11.Provide guidance for Communications Spot (COMSPOT) reporting.
12.Provide sample C4I drill packages (used in conjunction with FXP-3).
Related Material From the Archive:
- U.S. Navy NATOPS Aircraft Emergency Rescue Information Manual
- U.S. Navy NATOPS Instrument Flight Manual
- Navy Expeditionary Medicine Concept of Operations
- (U//FOUO) U.S. Navy WikiLeaks Safeguarding Classified National Security Information Recommendations
- (U//FOUO) U.S. Navy Strategic Studies Group: Convergence of Sea Power and Cyber Power
- Navy Role in Irregular Warfare and Counterterrorism: Background and Issues for Congress
- U.S. Navy Carrier Vessel Nuclear (CV/N) NATOPS Manual
- FM 3-09.34 Kill Box Tactics and Multiservice Procedures