November 7, 2011 in Joint Improvised Explosive Device Defeat Organization
VICTIM OPERATED IED RECOGNITION GUIDE
- 28 pages
- March 2011
- 8.4 MB
This Recognition Guide focuses on images of VOIED switches, components, and materials. Common IED indicators (observables) are listed and when found, indicate a high probability of IED activity. Refer to this material if something looks: suspicious, out of place, or out of character.
This guide is organized by switches (Pressure Plate, Low Metallic Signature, and No Metal Content), main charges, containers, power supplies, initiators, and finally a section on IED factories.
Related Material From the Archive:
- U.S. Army Improvised Explosive Device (IED) Awareness Guide Iraq and Afghanistan
- Joint Improvised Explosive Device Defeat Organization Overview
- U.S. Army Improvised Explosive Device Effects Simulator (IEDES) Program
- (U//FOUO) DHS Domestic Improvised Explosive Device (IED) Threat Overview
- U.S. Army Improvised Explosive Device (IED) Safe Standoff Distance Cheat Sheet
- (U//FOUO) Multi-National Corps Iraq Improvised Explosive Device Smart Card
- FBI Bomb Data Center: Improvised Explosive Devices Used in Suicide Bombing Incidents
- (U//FOUO) JIEDDO Report: Alternative Motivations for IED Use in Afghanistan