May 5, 2009 in U.S. Army
- Quarantine Regulations of the Armed Forces
- Army Regulation 40–12
- SECNAVINST 6210.2A
- AFR 161-4
- Department of the Army, Navy, and the Air Force
- January 24, 1992
- 21 pages
- Retrieved from www.vaccines.mil
1. PURPOSE AND SCOPE.
These regulations conform to regulations of the United States Departments of Health and Human Services; Agriculture; Treasury; Interior; and Commerce. The regulations are intended to prevent the introduction and dissemination, domestically or elsewhere, of diseases of humans, plants and animals, prohibited or illegally taken wildlife, arthropod vectors, and pests of health and agricultural importance. Introduction and dissemination may occur by movements of vessels, aircraft, or other transport of the Armed Forces arriving at or leaving Armed Forces installations in the United States and foreign countries or ports or other facilities under the jurisdiction of the above Federal agencies in the United States and its territories, commonwealths, and possessions.
a. Required Publications
(1) DOD 5030.49–R of May 77, Customs Inspection. Cited in par. 6.
(2) NAVFAC MO–310, Army TM 5–632, Air Force Manual 91–16, Military Entomology Operational Handbook. Cited in par. 9.
(3) OPNAVINST 3710.2E, AFR 8–5, USAF Foreign Clearance Guide. Cited in par. 11.
( 4 ) A R 4 0 – 5 6 2 / N A V M E D C O M I N S T 6 2 3 0 . 3 / A F R 1 6 1 – 1 3 / CGCOMSTINST M6230.4D, Immunization and Chemoprophyaxis. Cited in par. 12.
b. Related Publications
(1) Part 71, Title 42, CFR, Public Health, Cited in par. 7.
(2) BUMED and NAVMEDCOM instructions in the 6250 series and NAVMED P–5010–8. Cited in par. 9.
(3) Section 173.387, Part 173, Title 49, CFR, Transportation and Section 72.3, Part 72, Title 42, CFR, Public Health. Cited in par. 18.
(4) Appendix A, Part 17, Title 50, CFR, U.S. List of Endangered Foreign Fish, Wildlife and Plants. Cited in par. 21e.
(5) 7 U.S.C. 150 aa er seq., Federal Plant Pest Act. Cited in par. 21h.
(6) 7 U.S.C. 2801 er seq., Federal Noxious Weed Act. Cited in par. 21h.
(7) 7 CFR, Part 330, Agriculture. Cited in par. 21h.
(8) Appendix B, Part 17, Title 50, CFR, Wildlife and Fisheries. Cited in par. 21k(1).
(9) 21 U.S.C. 361 er seq., Federal Food Drug and Cosmetic Act. Cited in par. 22a.
(10) 15 U.S.C. 1261 et. seq., Federal Hazardous Substances Act. Cited in par. 22a.
(11) 7 U.S.C. 135–135 K., Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act. Cited in par. 22b.
(12) 7 U.S.C. 1551 et seq., and CFR, Part 201, Federal Seed Act. Cited in par. 22c.