August 17, 2009 in U.S. Northern Command
JTF-CS Command Brief
- 25 pages
- March 14, 2008
JTF-CS anticipates, plans and integrates USNORTHCOM Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and high-yield Explosive (CBRNE) Consequence Management operations and when directed, establishes command and control of DoD forces for a CBRNE incident to assist local authorities in saving lives, preventing injury, and providing temporary critical life support.
“It is bringing capability and capacity at the right time at the right place, not overwhelming the receiving state, but bringing in something that is sorely needed…the governor is the commander in his or her state.” “ …not too soon, but not a second too long…”
General Victor E. Renuart Jr.
Commander NORAD & USNORTHCOM
Related Material From the Archive:
- Joint Task Force Civil Support (JTF-CS) Brief
- Defense Support of Civil Authorities for Mortuary Affairs
- Establishment of a Subordinate Unified U.S. Cyber Command
- U.S. Cyber Command
- Mortuary Affairs – Is USNORTHCOM and the Department of Homeland Security Positioned for Contaminated Mass Fatality Management?
- NORAD and NORTHCOM Operations Plans Summary
- 7th Signal Command (T)
- Strategic Command Directive (SD) 527-1