June 8, 2010 in New York
- 1 page
- Law Enforcement Sensitive
- February 2010
Enterprise and Hertz rental car agencies have added a feature to their websites that allows clients to retrieve up to six months of rental records by inserting their last name and driver’s license number into a search field. While intended for business travelers who need to print receipts for expense reports, it could be a useful investigative tool for those in possession of a suspect’s name and driver’s license number. However, officers should also be aware that it could pose a threat to undercover police operations.
Avis has a similar feature that requires a confirmation number. Alamo, Budget, and National do not currently offer any similar features.
Related Material From the Archive:
- Worldwide: New 2009-H1N1 Influenza Virus Poses Potential Threat to U.S. Forces
- Weather Info for All Initiative 2008-2012
- Solomon Islands Financial Crime & Money Laundering Risk Assessment
- China military officers urge economic punch against U.S.
- The Potential Terrorist Risk of Drinking Water Contamination
- World Trade Center Insurance Property Risk Report
- AIG: Is the Risk Systemic?
- Identifying Fraudulent Social Security Documents: A Tool For Law Enforcement Officers