An Implementation Overview of the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (6CFR§27)
- Charles I. Colley, Inspector
- 23 pages
- For Official Use Only
- October 23, 2007
Of the 3 major areas of activity; this briefing focuses on Field Operations:
- Development of the Regulation and supporting tools, rules, guidelines, etc.;
- Development of an organizational/program structure to include Field
- Operations that can implement the Regulation; and
- Development of administrative structures that are necessary to support the regulatory environment established within the sector.
The organizational structure leverages existing DHS capabilities including FPS, USCG, and S&T capabilities.
- FPS personnel and expertise comprise the core of the Inspections & Enforcement Branch (I&EB).
- The regulatory structure will strike a costeffective balance between rigorous adherence to security principles and limiting the financial and operations burden placed on owner/operators.
Safety Considerations OutWeigh Security.