- Joe Treadway, Fred Hervey
- 18 pages
- September 21, 2005
ASTM E119 – Standard Test Methods for Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials
ASTM E119 prescribes a standard fire exposure of controlled extent and severity.
Performance is defined as the period of resistance to standard exposure before the first critical point in behavior (conditions of acceptance)is observed.
Conditions of acceptance for floor systems include:
• Sustained applied load during classification period
• No passage of flame or hot gasses
• Maximum and average temperatures of the unexposed side of
• Maximum and average temperatures of the steel joists