Risk Management Solutions, Inc.
- The World Bank
- 70 pages
- April 25, 2007
The world’s leading provider of products and services for the management of catastrophe
- Founded at Stanford University in 1989.
- 1,000+ employees worldwide, multidisciplinary development team includes blend of experts in hazard research, actuarial science, engineering and software development.
- Solely focused on independent view of risk quantification and risk management.
–Independent re/insurance industry
–Subsidiary of DMG Information
- Global presence:
–Corporate office: Newark, California
–Regional: Illinois, New Jersey, London, Tokyo, India, Paris, Zurich, Bermuda
What RMS Does
- RMS creates probabilistic models to inform clients on types of catastrophic events that can occur, how large can they be, at what frequency and how to manage that risk
- RMS does not forecast when and where a storm will occur or how many storms will occur in a given year
- RMS quantifies what the potential damage will be from natural and man-made catastrophes