CATCH Task Force
- Lisa Weinreb, DDA
- 36 pages
- December 2003
San Diego’s High Tech Industry
- Home to Nokia, Ericsson and Motorola have a collective worth of over 536 billion dollars.
- Including Qualcomm, they employ over 9,000 in San Diego alone
- San Diego has over 500 Software companies that employ more than 10,000 people.
- San Diego has the third largest concentration of biotech companies in the US.
Why the task force approach?
- Early Triage
- Proper response for victims
- Greater number of crimes solved
- Shared resources
- Vertical prosecutor available 7/24
- Access to increasing funding
- Use of state-of-the-art hardware, software, and equipment
- Investigators develop an area of expertise
- Access to nationwide network to assist in local investigations