The following is a list of upcoming and significant mass gatherings occurring in New Jersey and the surrounding region during the month of November:
Large Mass Gatherings
- Cooper Norcross Run the Ben Franklin Bridge 10K (Camden) – Nov. 1, 2015
- 15th Annual Salute to Military Veterans (Augusta) – Nov. 1, 2015
- Newark Archdiocese Blue Mass for Law Enforcement (Newark) – Nov. 5, 2015
- 10th Annual Lt. Dennis W. Zilinksi Memorial Run (Lincroft) – Nov. 8, 2015
- Veterans Day Ceremony at the NJ Vietnam Veterans Memorial (Holmdel) – Nov. 11, 2015
- Cpl. Marc T. Ryan Memorial 5K (Gloucester City) – Nov. 14, 2015
- NFL Football at MetLife – Jets & Giants (East Rutherford) – Nov. 8, 12, 15 and 29, 2015
- Rutgers Home Football Game (New Brunswick) – Nov. 14, 2015
- New Jersey Devils (Newark) – Nov. 6, 8, 10, 14, 25 and 27, 2015
- Election Day – Nov. 3, 2015
- Veterans’ Day – Nov. 11, 2015
- Thanksgiving Day – Nov. 26, 2015
Significant Anniversary Dates
- Nov. 26, 2008 – 7th Anniversary attacks on Mumbai, India by Pakistani terrorist group Lashkar-e-Taiba.
Special Events Reporting
The New Jersey Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness (OHSP) compiles a statewide list of special events that provides situational awareness to law enforcement, as well as to assist in local planning requirements. Special events include any events that attracts large numbers of participants. Examples include concerts, marathons, parades, sporting events, holiday gatherings, etc. We request your assistance to help compile the statewide list. Officials can submit a “Special Events Submission Form” via our website at www.njohsp.gov under the Counterterrorism Tab or from https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FF32889.
Suspicious Activity Reporting
Any suspicious activity with a possible nexus to terrorism in New Jersey should be reported immediately following existing protocols specific to respective counties. Any suspicious activity in New Jersey should be reported by calling (866) 4SAFENJ (866-472-3365) or 2-1-1, or by emailing email@example.com.